Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jan. 28, 2008

Day 17 as an intern. Start of week 4.

Today was interesting.

I really didn't do too much, kinda sat around alot. The first part of today was really boring. I was able to kinda help out a little bit here and there, but again, wasn't able to do too much because my supervisor(s) were working on major projects. That is a problem for 2 reasons. A) I don't know enough about the system to be working on it alone and B) there wasn't an edit bay open for me to work on. So for me to be literally sitting there with nothing to do was not only boring, but it also got me furious because I'm absolutely positive I could have done something with my life better than waste the approximate 4 hours that I spent sitting in front of a computer screen.

The second half of the day was slightly more interesting than the first. Any guesses as to why? Ha, imagine that. I had something to do. I was introduced to the art of erasing tapes. Everyone do it with me....OOOOOOH....AHHHHHHH. It was pretty simple actually. You put your tape on this large pad, turn it on, and it goes nuts. The reason why it goes nuts is because that large pad you put it on is a magnetic plate. So as it's doing its thing, you know, being "magneticky," I had to turn the tape every so often on the front side and on the back side. That process, coupled with all the tapes I had to erase, ended up taking about all of my afternoon.

The day was short, sweet, and simple, and except for the fact that I was almost doing nothing all day, that's the way I'd like to keep them. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do more things.

Until then, don't ever do nothing.

No comments: