Day 21 as an intern. Start of week 5. Start of month 2.
Today, I feel, was overall amazing, and you'll know why by the end of reading this.
So, first of all I get there in the morning an hour late. I know, I know, it sounds like I'm slacking off. However, I'm not, because I got up and was able to e-mail my supervisor and let him know that I was going to be late, which was ok by him. So when I did get there, he and I got into some conversations about some random things, most importantly of which was the fact that his prediction of "the Patriots are going to blow the Giants out of the water" turned out to be extremely wrong. So I rubbed it in as all who oppose the Patriots should have taken the opportunity to do today. He was humbled, because I made him be that way. Haha. So we talked about the weekend and some of the plays and such and eventually got around to working on some things.
First, he had me finish off some DVD dubs he was making. They were huge files, so each of them took a little while. All I had to do was replace each DVD with another one and click a button to get it to continue recording. So I did that for a while, until our lunch break. Once he came back, he had me sit down with him at his edit suite. Uh oh. He never lets me sit in his chair, and I've never done that before...today. What he had me do was edit...WITH HIM!!!! OOOH YEA!!! 2 edit sessions in 3 days...I was excited.
So, we got to editing some things. He taught me a bunch of techniques and shortcuts in order to make future edits quicker for me. But again, it was the whole process that both of us went through. Bringing in the video, making the cuts, editing it, dragging clips around, placing them, bringing in graphics, bringing in music, bringing in and placing title graphics and learning how to manipulate those, etc. It was wonderful! This is what I have been wanting to do since I got here and now I was able to do it with him teaching me some stuff and getting his immediate feedback on how I was doing. It was great! He started getting really excited for me and told me that I was on my way to becoming a great editor...whcih really made me feel good. I'm looking forward to editing more stuff, but in the meantime, I'm soaking it all up. Oh, and I should mention that the piece that I edited for him is going to be used on next month's show...which is being aired on regional television!! Get excited!
So after all of the editing and such the day was almost over. I was told to take notes on what I just learned, which I did as fully as I could remember. When I was finished with that, my other supervisor wanted me to gather some equipment and get it ready for him to take because he had a shoot later that afternoon. So this time around, I was able to gather everything he needed up for him, and I went to go make sure I got all he needed. He told me that it was fine, and so I walked out of that arena with my head held high.
Until then, editing stuff for pro's, in front of pro's, and with pro's, and then they telling you they will use it...PRICELESS.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment