Day 33 as an intern.
Today was a bombshell.
My supervisor got fired. How do you get your head around that? The one guy who brought you into this position is now gone and you have no clue why. I was told this first thing in the morning and it took me all day to stop wondering why. For a while I felt like a lost kid because he taught me just about everything I know from here. He was also a good teacher, even if we didn't meet eye to eye all the time. I walked in his studio and everything was still there almost like he hadn't left.
Then questions started flooding my mind. Like what about his monthly show? Cancelled. What about the 2 features that he and I both worked on? They will be shown on game broadcasts (not their original purpose). What about all of his producer reels and footage? No one knows. What about the teases? No one knows. These things kill me inside because I know they should be done but now they wont be.
The biggest question in my head was this: Why would the organization fire someone who has been here since the beginning? Too bad that I will never know.
The rest of the day was like a blur. I was doing some odd jobs here and there, edited a marquee video, logged some tapes, helped out some people. Other than that, to be honest, I can't remember.
Then came tonight, which was GAME NIGHT!!!! And it was ultra special cuz 2 of my friends from home were coming to tonight's game! When they got here I went to meet them and they (thankfully) got really amazing seats!! They loved them. So I left them and did the only thing I knew I could...let the game happen. Luckily for my friends it was an amazing game that went into overtime! Alas, we still lost, but only by one point.
When I went back out to talk to them, I figured they were going to be upset at the lost. Quite the contrary! They loved the fact that they got to see a game! I was very glad that they were able to and was glad to see them, because I don't get to see my friends too often up here.
So all in all, it was a crazy day. I was glad to have my friends here, but the day absolutely was horrible.
Until then, I don't know where to go from here.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment