Thursday, February 7, 2008

Feb. 7, 2008

Day 23 as an intern.

Today was repetitive.

All I really did today was erase and stock tapes. The erasing process, however, can be a very long one. You have to rewind them all, erase them one by one, check to make sure they were erased, and then stock them on the appropriate shelves. That's pretty much all I did all day. Needless to say, I feel like my brain is mush because of the low-IQ level it takes to do a job like that.

I also helped around with some random things today. We conducted 2 interviews with a coach and player, completely different I might add, and they went well. All I really did was observe the interviwer and see how they condeucted themselves. I was told to pick up on their mannerisms because that is how I should be when I interview people. Well, first off, let me say, if I wasn't an intern and if I actually felt comfortable doing things for my supervisor, I might do a better job. But because of the status of "intern" and the supreme uncomfortableness of having my supervisor right over my shoulder, I just can't seem to make it my own you know? I guess I'm just going to have to break out of that and show them what I'm capable of.

That was pretty much my day. You'll have to excuse the seemingly gloomy mood that it seems that I'm in. I just got off the phone with my brother and I got really short with him and I shouldn't have. He takes so much crap from me, and I really hate it when I slip up with him. I just feel bad cuz he called me out on it and he was right. That and plus my mind is racing with thoughts right now and it's not leaving me in a very happy mood.

Until then, I need your prayers.

No comments: