Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feb. 28, 2008

Day 37 as an intern.

Today was completing, in every essence of the word.

"Project May" is no more. Don't be sad though, because it's finished!!! Oh my goodness I'm so happy about that!!! I walked in today with that goal and ended up spending all day perfecting the piece. Like I said yesterday it was real close to being done, so I finished it up today. Then I had our cameraguy come in and look at it. He suggested to me to make a few changes.

They were great suggestions, too. Which is why I spent all day on it, and for the most part, they were just really minor things that needed to be worked out. Like tweaking audio here and there. Switching an audio track out with another. Laying some different video over an interview soundbyte. Raising and lowering audio levels for dramatic effects. Rearranging some of the existing pieces after making the aforementioned changes. Laying down some nat sound. You know, things like that. Really nit-picky things, but things that will improve your piece to the nth degree in the long run.

Once all of that was completed I just sat back and played it a few times over and over. And everytime it ended, I smiled. I would've cried if I could have, but I didn't feel like going that far with it. It's just exciting knowing that you created this thing. If you are a builder, an artist, a writer, a teacher or anything of the like then you understand what I mean. And when it's finished you kind of just want to see it in all of it's glory. Aw man...1st piece completed as a part of this organization. Finally.

Now comes the hard part. Picking it up again and going out there to create something else. In fact, I may take the same footage and create a longer, more serious piece. Who knows? My options are endless.

And I love it.

Until then, I am on cloud 9...when it comes to this anyway.

No comments: