Day 35 as an intern.
Today was constructive.
The second day of "Project May" and it is coming along quite nicely. In fact, it's all I worked on today. I got to bounce around the idea of it with a few people in the department and for the most part, they liked the idea. That was encouraging, especially when one of the people that I talked to was a manager of broadcast operations and she seemed impressed by the idea. I mentioned my focal point the feature would be based on and these were her words, verbatim:
"Hm. I've never thought about that before. Sounds like it will be great."
Oh so refreshing to hear those words. It kind of reminds me that while this day-in, day-work can get monotonous, there is still a good work that you can do. I am determined to make this piece something really good, even if it will only be like a minute long. It's my first ever produced and edited piece with something other than Final Cut Pro so it's gotta be great!
The process I went through today was mostly the same as yesterday's. I brought in some more video to use in the piece, edited that and stuck it in. What I've noticed is that I'm slower than everyone else there. But I figure the more I do it (editing) the quicker I get. I talked to our cameraguy today about it and metnioned to him that I intend to have it completed by the end of the week and he shot back to me, "you better be ready to get things done in a day or so." By the time I have to leave here, I will be, I promise.
Until then, things are going well so far.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment