Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Feb. 25, 2008

Day 34 as an intern.

Today was the recovery process.

After an amazing weekend at home, I stepped back in the arena today empty. I had nowhere to go, no one to check in with, and nothing to do. Thankfully, the first person I saw was our cameraguy who informed me that he was finished with the Sean May footage and he said that I could use it for whatever I wanted it for, if I wanted it. So, I took him up on the offer. I grabbed the tapes, looked them over, and began to think of how I could tell a story.

It was a while before an actual idea came into my head, but I'll tell you what, once it did, I hit the ground running. I started to bring in the video into the computer, create graphics, and even began editing a little bit. The scariest and saddest part about this whole process is I did it by myself. I figure it is going to take me a few days to finish. It's exciting though, because I am finally doing something on my own, editing something, and learning the software first-hand. It's something that I've been dying to do since I got here and again, am super happy that it's happening now.

So that is pretty much what my day consisted of...working on this piece. I know it's not going to be everyone's favorite and I know it's not going to be broadcasted but I figure it's doing its job: helping me learn. And that is something that has been scarce to say the least.

Until then, I'm excited!

1 comment:

DHG said...

Congrats man. Hope it turns out well. Maybe you can bring it back here and have a little opening night on "Kyle's Interview Extravaganza!!!!"