Day 23 as an intern.
Today was interesting, because I, maybe for the first time, did stuff on my own.
First of all, I got there a little late, which I didn't mind and niether did anyone else it seemed. Maybe that was because when I got there I didn't immediately go to the broadcasy area. Instead I picked up where I left off yesterday with the organizing and labeling of videos. I was upstairs for the majority of the morning, fixing other people's mistakes, and organizing videos of games from this season. I had to label some of them from outside label to tape label, which is a somewhat tedious process. So once they were all labeled I had to put them into groups and stack them up. So needless to say it was a fun-filled evening! (Notice the sarcasm) But really, it was kinda fun to do that by myself without someone having to tell me what to do and how to do it all the time. Yea, I liked being alone but still being able to get stuff done.
So I finished that and then went back to the regular area. Once I got in there, I was informed that we were conducting an interview with one of our newest players, Mr. Earl Boykins. It took him a little while to get into the studio, but when he did I was floored. I mean I knew he was short, but I didn't know he was that short! This guy looked like a kid even though he is 31 years old! Beside that fact, though, he was a really cool guy. It was fun to hear his responses to the questions because, unlike so many other players who try to maintain their "I'm a guy so I have to be stone-faced" demeanor, he was real. He was joking around and giving really honest answers to the questions. It was a great interview.
Afterwards, I just started erasing a few tapes and organized them on our recycled tapes shelf. I did that until I left this afternoon.
Until then, great day, both for me and for the broadcasting team of guys I work with.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment