Day 29 as an intern.
Today I just didn't care.
After a week long battle for just trying to do something, I was mentally exhausted. I ceased to care what I did with my time simply because no one else did. I spent my day, just like every other day this week, in front of the computer checking website after website because there was nothing for me to do. I was able to see the finished product of a couple of features I helped with, but that was about it.
I ran errands, watched people do stuff, and rendered in a few more After Effects movies for my supervisor to use in a couple of pieces. Other than that, a wasted day. Those days are now in the double digits.
One more thing, I was told before I left today to write a "treatment" for my final project. This did not make me happy at all. Not because of the assignment itself but rather because of the timing of it. You see, I spent about 4-5 hours everyday this week in front of a computer not doing anything. Then today am told to have this in by Monday morning. What ever happened to good planning? I could have been working on that all week long but you want to give this to me on Friday? I don't understand my position as intern anymore. It is beyond me to let someone sit on their butts for that long in a day when they are not doing anything and then expect them to come up with something when you yell "do it." I don't get it.
I'll do it because it is my responsibility. However, I am beginning to believe that my supervisor's responsibilities to me are waning.
I am here to work, contribute, help, and learn.
None of those are being done.
Until then, I'm going home.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment