Thursday, February 14, 2008

Feb. 14, 2008

Day 28 as an intern.

Today was better than any day this week.

I actually felt more like a person than a slave today. When I got in, my supervisors and I got into a fun discussion about some stuff and we just had a good time talking. It was good to be around that so I didn't feel so tightly wrapped today. I feel like you have to establish a cool relationship with the people you work with so you understand each other, rather than just bark orders all day long.

Having said that, I've realized one thing: I can't stand it when my supervisor talks about his past experiences when they have no relevance to what it is we are doing. Like just about everytime something comes up he'll initiate a flashback scene and I'm like I don't care, can we please get on with our project? I promise he wastes more time of mine when he's just talking. So, it's gotten to the point that I offer him limited feedback just so he'll stop sooner. I know, it sounds bad, but trust me, if you were in my shoes, you would think the same thing. Don't get me wrong, he has great insight, but I don't think he knows how to just get to the point.

Today I got to edit a little bit more, for the 3rd time since I've been here. We just worked on a Boykins feature that is being produced. It was cool to actually do something constructive today, rather than stare at a computer screen all day long. Everytime I edit I get more familiar with the system, I just wish I could go in and do it everyday, so that by now, I would have the basics down. Instead, I have to wait until my supervisor tells me I can, and even then, I'm not editing anything, I'm just following his orders.

Until then, today was ok, and tomorrow is Friday. Need I say more?

No comments: