Day 16 as an intern. First weekend game.
Today was exhausting.
I came in around 11 to help out with setting up and shooting for a monthly show that my supervisor directs, produces, and edits. What I didn't know is how much equipment we would be using to get the show taped and looking good. We loaded up all the gear onto a rolling cart and guess who had to drag that around? Yea, me. Lets just say it was crazy heavy. If it wasn't over 100 pounds, it was stinking close. So I had to drag that to the shooting area, which was on the upper level...oh joy.
Once we got there, I had to move some chairs and tables that were already there but were in our way. After that, I had to set up the equipment. Lights, light stands, cameras, tripods, power sources, the set itself...the list goes on. Then my supervisor realized that we forgot a monitor and a light stand. I had to go downstairs to get them. No surprise. So I did came back and was informed that there was a headset that he needed as well. Who made a reappearance to downstairs? Me. So after scaling the inside of the arena 3 times, I finally got to help shoot the footage for the show.
That was cool. We had a couple of our personalities that call the games come in and do the show. One of them couldn't help but just flub up alot, but I don't blame her. She was tired and when you are tired you can't remember lines to well. But I felt horrible because everytime she would mess up, she would couple that with some sort of action, kinda like you would see on a blooper reel. Well everytime that happened, I would laugh or smile. A couple of times we all did, but there were other times where I was shot a look like 'why are you laughing'? I don't know...but anytime I see bloopers I think they are funny. Oh well.
All I did when we were actually shooting the stuff was stand behind a camera and make sure it was centered up on the personality, make sure it was recording, and make sure that didn't move. So, eventually we got finished shooting it and once we were, we had to tear everything down. Wonderful. So it was the same process from before, just in reverse. Lots of work. We got everything back in place and things loaded up on the cart when I was told that we still had to shoot something else. Wow, are you serious?
We had to shoot a small standup to edit into the show later, but we had to take all that gear with us. So we did. Took it downstairs, to the area where we were shooting, shot the stand up, tore it down again, and then headed back to HQ. Finally. On the way back downstairs, the stupid little rolling cart was so heavy that I was sliding while I was dragging it. In the process, it caught the back of my foot and tore off some skin. Yea that was fun. So I stopped and kinda hopped on it a little bit, but my supervisor just kept on walking. I was kinda upset about that, like he didn't even ask if I was ok...just kept right on walking.
Anyways, we get back to the studio and of course I'm tired. Nope. Scratch that. I am exhausted. Like could barely walk exhausted. We get in there and I'm told to put all the equipment back and organize it all like it should be. Wow. OK, so I did it and after that I told myself that if anyone told me to do anything else after that, they would have to wait because I was drained. Well, about the time I finished, dinner was being served because it was a...
GAME NIGHT!!!
Yea! That's right. We played Philly and got off to a great start, but then ended up folding down the stretch. We lost, but the reffing was horrible...which I blame for our loss. Oh come on!! It's so easy to blame it on the refs!!! Haha...oh well, we'll get em next time.
Until then, I am exhausted and am going to sleep.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment