Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feb. 27, 2008

Day 36 as an intern.

Today was energizing!

I know, wierd description of a day right? Well it's because of "Project May" and the excitement I gain from seeing it being completed. Today I worked all day on the piece and by the end of the day, was close to being done. I would say 95% which blows me away! 3 days...on new software...by myself...me calling the shots. Scary? Yea. Exciting? You better believe it!

Things are coming along quite nicely on it. All of the video I want in it is layed down and in the order I would like it to be. The most that I worked on today was the sound. It can be a really daunting task sometimes to find the perfect audio balance because if it's one thing I know, bad audio can make a great visual piece absolutely fall apart. I probably spent about 3 hours of the day just checking audio here and there. I also had to build a few more graphics for the end of the piece, something again, I am having to master without assistance. But I love it that way. It forces you to learn...there are no excuses if you are by yourself and you can't produce something. You just keep doing something and everytime you try something new. Expand on that and you will learn a ton!

The most fascinating part about this whole piece is it started in my head, an idea, something intangible and I have been able to work it to near-completion. Not only that, but it is coming out EXACTLY how I had it in my head. Very few times in this line of work does something work out like that.

The one kind of drab part of my day came when I talked to a lady that works in our department about the piece. She was interested in it and so I showed it to her. She kinda liked it and then said "Is that made for broadcast or just for you doing it?" My answer was it was just for me, but secretly I wanted to know if it would be good enough TO broadcast. She then followed with "Well good, because that would never be aired, because of the negativity of it." And I was like huh? That's the point! I mean I didn't say that but I did remind her why that negativity was there, for it to be immediately countered. Seems like she wasn't buying it, but oh well, I am happy with it.

Today was good. Tomorrow will be even better.

Why?

Because this time tomorrow, "Project May" will be a project no longer.

Until then, it was a good day.

No comments: