Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jan. 21, 2008

Day 11 as an intern. Start of week 3.

Today was kind of a weird day. We had a game today at 1 on account of the MLK holiday. What that translates into is a half day of intern work, and then another half day of game work.

I started out today just seeing and watching people prepare for the later coming game. For example, I watched the finished product of our MLK feature package, and I loved it. I also loved knowing that I had a part in it's completion. After watching it a few times, the producer for our regional broadcasts on tv came in and told my supervisor, who put a ton of time into this piece, that they couldn't use it. And, while he was slightly frustrated, he's been in the business long enough to know that these things happen. So he rolled with it and began to just cut out sound bytes for them to use on air. After finishing about 4 of them and getting ready to put that on tape, the producer came back and said,oh yea, by the way, our director said we could fit that package into our broadcast. Again, he was frustrated, but this time he just made a few little changes, and instead of just giving them the package, he ended up giving them the package and the sound bytes... just in case.

After all that drama went down, I went to eat and by the time I got back, it was almost game time. Today I also started my new little "job" which I think is going to be a piece of cake for the rest of the season. All I have to do is write down the timecode and a description of the shot whenever it happens. And it's not like it's every shot either, it's just the awesome, ESPN caliber ones. I like it.

After the game, which we lost, I was happy to have my parents come and check out where I will be spending my next 5 months, so I showed them around the arena. They were there for the game as well, which they loved. They seemed to really like the arena and for that, I am glad!

Afterwards, we ended up going back home. Like home home. Like Columbia home. Which was cool cuz I got to hang out with some guys from the Shizzy who are really amazing.

All in all, today was a great day.

Until then, I love my parents.

No comments: