Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jan. 9, 2008

Day 3 as an intern.

Today wasn't too bad, not too bad at all. It was completely different than yesterday, and glad for it. I actually did stuff today! However, it was the same, redundant, meaningless task that always gets assigned to interns. It was the same task that I was asked to complete my first day: logging tapes. I don't have a problem with it though, so don't get that impression. If I can do anything, then that's what I'm doing and I'm going to do it with the best of my ability. If I'm logging tapes, I'm going to do as many as I can as accurately as I can, and today I felt like I did that. I mean you give me a task and it will get done, no questions asked.

I probably logged close to 60 tapes today, maybe more...I lost count. I also had to re-organize out tape shelves, aka our library, and then stock some more new video in the appropriate place. I also got to help one of the guys in the dept. dub tapes. In fact that was the first thing I did this morning and when it was completed I felt like I had accomplished something. So things are moving forward as of now, and I'm loving the ride so far.

We also had a staff meeting today. That was unexpected. It seemed like everyone knew about it except for me and as I was about to leave I saw everyone gathered together and I stopped in my traks and asked if I could attend, which I did. I even had to go up in front of everyone and introduce myself and give a little blurb about me. I frankly don't think anyone in that building cares who I am, but maybe that will turn around too.

One last thing before I wrap this up. I'm still having trouble with the whole meet a lot of people part. I mean, I'm stuck in a certain area of the arena all day and that's where I do all of my work, so how am I supposed to meet people outside of my team without neglecting my work? I WANT to meet people, but I feel so awkward doing it and I don't know who to talk to. Oh well, one more thing for me to figure out I guess.

I want so much out of this experience that I don't know what to do. That sounds crazy but I believe it's true, for me at least. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks things will get more interesting and I will become more that "that intern guy"

Until then, things are ok as of now. Miss you guys back home and love you all!

1 comment:

DHG said...

Dude sounds like you're having a good time. At the very least you're gaining some awesome experiance. Hope it keeps going well.

Miss you man
David