Day 4 as an intern.
Today was probably the best day since I got here. I did more and felt a little more useful today.
When I got there today, our camera guy let me know that a few of the guys were out shooting a feature. So of course my eyes lit up and I wanted to go. He asked, and I didn't even blink before I said "sure!" So we went to a local Dunkin Donuts where we were filming. Our mascot was outside the door to the place, almost right in front of it. See, we were trying to "scare" people with our mascot and get their reactions on tape. So all of our camera guys were hidden (in the van, around the corner, even hidden on a table top!). The customers had no clue, and as a result we got some great, an hilarious, footage. When we finished, the people at DD were so nice, they let us have a dozen donuts for free! Gotta love that!
So, we headed back to the arena, where I was given the task of capturing the video we just got. Finally! A task having to deal with real video. So I hopped on it and had few problems with it. I had all the clips captured within an hour! I felt like I was on fire! I loved it. It's the best thing since I got here.
After our lunch break, I helped set up a backdrop briefly, and then moved on to watching a tutorial on the editing software that we use. It was long and monotone, and I was in a freezing cold room, so I was kinda sleepy. But, I got through about half of it and actually learned a few things. That was pretty much a wrap on my day when I got done with that.
However, away from my internship, I miss home. I miss my friends. I miss my parents. I miss not having to look up directions to every place I go. I just miss having people I know around me. Right now I'm sitting - alone - in a restaurant wishing I wasn't. I wish I was sitting here with my girlfriend, who I miss terribly. I just want to know someone my age and be able to hang out with them. I miss home.
On a lighter note, the Heels won last night and my boy Tyler dunked on a 7 foot, 7 inch fella! That's just special! And the team won last night over Boston! Holler back!
Until then, all I have to say is the team's record since I've been here? 2-0.
Coincidence?
We'll see.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like things are starting to look up for you!
P.S. Who's the lucky lady?
Post a Comment