Day 5 as an intern.
Today was alright, and probably my best day so far. Even if I did do about 3 hours of useless work.
I started off the day watching more of that dang tutorial. Still boring as always. However, when I finished it, I was quite hapy, so I let my supervisor know. When I told him he asked if I had any questions, to which I replied no, and then asked if I take notes, to which I also replied no. And that is when things blew up. See, I'm the kind of guy who is a hands-on learner and if I'm not working with stuff, then I'm not getting anything out of it. I could write a book of notes on stuff I just watched and still not know what the heck it means. And such is the case with this scenario. He gave me a lot to chew on about why he thought I should take notes and as hesitant as I can be, eventually I just bit the bullet and started taking them. I wasn't happy, but hey, sometimes the work you do doesn't mean you will always have fun.
So I did that up until about12, which is when all the interns were called to an intern meeting. Now, the e-mail sounded cool, you know, a chance to meet the other interns and get fed sounds pretty good from my perspective. Yet when we got there, was there that kind of feeling? Not at all. What did they have us do? Oh yea, punch about 4000 NBA All-Star ballots. Oh joy. We spent 3 hours on that and it was just tedious, dumb work. But, being in there with about 6 other interns who all felt the same did spark some interesting conversations and a generally fun time. Plus, like I said, they did feed us, which, hey I can't complain.
After that whole thing, I came back to my supervisor who proceeded to use me as a guinea pig to set up his backdrop and lighting for a feature he will be shooting next week. We went through 2 trials in order for him to get the lighting right, and once that was ok'd, it was already the end of the day, and I was gone.
Overall, not a bad day...a little different, but not bad. I'm going home this weekend...which is much needed.
Until then...I can't wait to get home.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment