Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jan. 25, 2008

Day 15 as an intern.

Today was, well, different. And not in a bad way.

As you know, this whole week I have been supremely frustrated by things at my internship. Well I walked in today and out of the blue, my supervisor asks me how I feel like my internship experience is going. I felt like I shouldn't hold back in my answer so I told him. I said that I liked it so far, but I was hungry for more. I wanted to do bigger things and that the small things were kind of annoying. And he took that and told me (more like reminded me) that you have to take care of the small stuff before you handle the big stuff. Which is true, I am just so eager to learn new things. So we talked for a while about things and he told me that in the near future he will be using me to set up interview sets and will be getting me used to setting up equipment so that in the future if he needs something he can just ask me to get everything together and it be ok. That eased me a little bit and made me less upset about my status here so far.

Then, I was told to tag along with another one of my supervisors for a shoot. It was kinds like our previous Air Scare shoot, except this one was at a car dealership. Anyways, on the way there, he asked me what I thought about the internship as well. I thought that was cool and wierd at the same time. So I told him the same things I told my other supervisor and he listened to me and reminded me of the same things. He also said "You know, if we would have given you a package to edit and have done in a week when you first started, you would have had a ton of questions. By doing this small and sometimes tedious work, you are learning the basics of the software and that will eliminate questions you may have had had you not worked with it like you have." That was refreshing to hear. Just to know that these guys aren't necessarily against me, but they do want me to progress.

I do too.

So, I spent most of the day out at the car dealership helping shoot the feature, although it didn't really work out for us too well. Let's just say not too many people are interested in new car buying on Fridays. Just doesn't work out too well. We came back, and by that time I only had an hour left. So I kinda just did odd jobs until it was time to go.

Oh, but before I left, I was informed that I was needed for tomorrow's game (which starts at 7) at 11 am. I am supposed to be helping set up a shoot! Sounds good to me!

Until then, today was refreshing and I think I'm going home. Even if it will be for like 12 hours.

No comments: