Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mar. 24, 2008

Day 49 as an intern.

Today was good.

I stayed busy and got to work with the editing system a little bit more. Most of the day was spent bringing in video for my AP(from here on out known as my Associate Producer) for yet another one of his features. It was cool though because he needed scenes from some video that would evoke emotions from the audience. He called it a feel good piece and let me listen to the music he was going to put under the video and let me tell you, if this isn't a feel good piece, I don't know what is. Anywho, so he handed me some tapes and let me do the work. That sounds so negative but I promise, it was fine.

He also had me edit some still shots for the in-arena operations crew. Apparently we are doing this segment called Celebrity Couples. We take 2 pictures of celebs and then transform them into an overly elaborate and often hideous looking kid, if they were to have one. You've seen this before. So, my job was to build the graphics for them to use whenever it is they will use them. This was cool because I am not used to the techniques that it took to make these shots, and it was great to learn them. At first I kinda struggled but the more I got into them, the quicker I got with it.

When I finished, I called the AP in to check them out and he was overall pleased. That typically means that I did a good job, which is amazing! Things really are turning around in the right way here, and I love it.

That was pretty much my day and like I said, a good one at that.

Until then, who knows what tomorrow will be like?

No comments: