Day 50 as an intern.
Today was all mine.
After waiting around for a little bit for my AP to come in, I just decided to stop waiting and start doing. Doing what you might say? My own thing! Today I worked on and completed my first ever tease. We play MIA soon and so I decided to make my own little :30 package as a precursor to the game being broadcast, if it were to be. Now, keep in mind that what I'm working on WON'T be used, but it's good for me.
So I started by writing it all, but before that I had to look up some stats that I could include in the copy. Once the writing was done, I had to go and voice it. That was a little challenging because I'm used to using a stick mic to record copy but today had to use a lavalier mic because that's all we had. Anywho, I brought that into the computer so I could chop it up a little bit for it to fit the time requirements, which it did. Oh, one more thing about audio...pay attention to the levels on the camera when you record it because if it's too high you can't fix that in Avid or any other video editing software. Good audio is a prize.
After that came the fun part in finding the footage I would use for the feature. This was easy compared to the first couple of steps because all of our game footage is on our melt tapes which anyone can use and find easily. So I nabbed a couple of those and brought a few shots of both teams that I thought would be good to use. After that process, I could actually start editing, which is exactly what I did. For the next few hours I would take a clip that had a shot I liked in it, trim it down, make it fit the package and then move on to the next shot.
Finally, the last thing I did was control and mix the audio so that nothing comes off overpowering. It's a little tricky because everyone is going to hear things differently. I got it done after a while and I was glad when it was done. Why? Cuz that means it's finished.
When that moment comes, I end up watching it like 5 times just to marvel in it. A creation. Completed. And completed well.
Until then, I was happy with the result and look to make more in the future.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! complete!
that's very exciting.
Post a Comment