Day 41 as an intern.
Today was different.
Istarted off where I finished up yesterday, with the daunting task of finishing up those dubs. All I had to do was slap some labels on them and then tuck them in some sleeves. But again, with 50, that simple task takes alittle longer than you would think. However, they did get finished and then were delivered up to the office where they were requested. Finally, the dubbing has stopped.
Here's one quick side thought about that though. Here's the thing...As monotonous of a task as that one was, at least I was being utilized. There are still days, 3 months into this thing, were I don't do anything, and hate it. I kinda liked doing all these dubs because it meant I was doing something for the organization that mattered. And it meant I wasn't just wasting my time away, which is nice to know.
After that was delivered, I spent the rest of the day just doing odd jobs around the broadcasting area until...GAME TIME!!!
Yea, we played Golden State tonight and WON!!! Right now is a great time for our club because with that win we have now won 3 in a row and it felt great to pull out a quality win tonight against the Warriors!!! Good game, great result!!
After the game I was asked to help our cameraguy interview one of their players. Now this was a new experience to me. I have never interviewed any opposing player since I have been there and to be honest, was kind of intimidated to do so. Anywho, we finally get back there and interview him and I thought I did a good job with asking the questions. We get out of the locker room and our cameraguy looks at me and he says "Did you not notice that he was pissed off? You gotta pick up on those things and cut those interviews short!" So, I was immediately discouraged.
Lately, it seems as though everytime I think I do something right, it ends up being the complete opposite. I take criticsm pretty harshly, so for him to express that to me was rough. Oh well, I'll just take that and learn from it I guess.
That was pretty much the end of the day for me, and it was certainly long enough.
Until then, who knows what tomorrow holds?
PS. One more thing, I saw MICHAEL JORDAN tonight!!! Yes, that's right... Mr. Air, His Airness, Number 23, The Man, The best basketball player ever Michael Jordan was standing about 5 feet away from me and I think I stared at him for a while. I was so stunned that I didn't introduce myself, but it was an honor just to see him. Definitely the highlight of this crazy ride so far!
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment