Day 47 as an intern.
Today wasn't anything different than yesterday.
In fact, today was probably a little more relaxed. When I came in, there wasn't anyone down in the area, so I spent a little while on the computer because I didn't have any tasks to accomplish. However, my semi-supervisor rolled in and we got started. He wanted me to bring in some video for another one of his features so he could edit it. Or so I thought. Actually he wanted me to edit it and of course I said yes. I immediately got started on that, and to be honest, it was really easy. Mostly because the segments I was pulling from video were already completed features he had done in the past. My job was just to put them together. Which I did, in glorious fashion, I might add.
The other really noteworthy part of my day today was that I talked to the lady who hired me about my internship. I've been through a rough road to be where I am now and I wanted to explain to her what kind of toll that has taken on my outlook of the internship. I also wanted to take the opportunity to let her know what I wanted out of it for the remainder of the time I'll be here. We had a really good talk and she made some great recommendations to what I should do to further myself while I'm still here.
Those recommendations include branching out to some of the higher-ups in the organization and introducing myself to them. Included with that is to let them know of my availability to do work for them, if they have it. I think this was the best recommendation she gave me. I have also been assigned to a multitude of people as my "supervisors" now, instead of just one. I think things are looking out to be 10 times better than what they have been. I'm busy, learning, and doing stuff everyday as opposed to barely doing anything.
Until then, thank God.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment