Day 51 as an intern.
Today was a relief and a challenge all in one.
It was a relief because I was back from an absolutely horrible sickness. This thing was like the flu on steroids. And steroids is exactly what I would end up being on before it was all said and done. I don't know how I got it or what it was but all I can say is I am glad it's somewhat gone. I've still got a nasty cough, but it's completely better than what I had. And now I'm back at work, which to be honest, was realy bummed out about missing.
Now to the challenging part. My AP and I were talking about what was on the slate today in terms of work and he handed me a challenge. He wanted me to compose my first tease for him by the end of the day. (What he didn't know was I had already done one.) So I said game on! Only thing was this time I had time constraints, and it had to be completed by 3.
So I started on it much the same way I did my MIA tease. I got the audio, which was already done by out play-by-play announcer, and laid that down first. Then I had to find a suiting music track for the tease, which was relatively easy. Just find one that isn't cheesy and has some energy to it.
Then, find your video, which is probably the hardest part because you have to search all over for the right tapes, find the right scenes, record it all to the computer and sometimes repeat this process. Once that was all completed, then came the fun part. Editing! Which, I've found out through my time here, is what I really enjoy the most. This is the most time-consuming part due to fitting issues, and you want to make sure you get the right parts of the clips and match them up with the audio. It took me a few hours to do this part. I could go into much greater detail, but I like to be brief.
The last thing, as I've mentioned before, was to adjust the audio properly for correct playback. Things like panning it correctly and adjusting the levels so that it's not too distracting. Sometimes this can be tricky because you may not know just how loud to put things like crowd noise or an announcer's call. The thing I seem to have the hardest time with is deciding whether or not to stick with some audio or to get rid of it. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess you just have to go by ear sometimes.
Anywho, once that was finished so was I. And I watched it a few times and made a few more minor adjustments and then looked at the clock: 2.30. AWESOME! I was so happy! Then I showed it to him and these were his exact words:
"It's definitely airable. Pretty good job man!"
And I couldn't be happier. Today was a mix of both, but definitely ended on a great note.
Until then, even when you're trying to shake sickness, things can be great!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment